Schools receive all kinds of students. Every student has different behaviour. Sometimes, teachers can encounter stubborn and misbehaving students who can cause a nuisance in the class. Some of their poor behaviour includes disruptive talking, troubling other students, insulting teachers, and hostility. These issues cause disturbance in the learning activities and badly impact other students.
So let’s examine what causes unruly behaviour in students. We will also look at some preventive measures to control such behaviours.
What Causes Poor Behaviour In Students?
Schools in Ahmedabad follow strict discipline in all classes and promote harmony. However, sometimes, they receive students who do not adhere to the school rules and regulations. There can be several reasons indicating students’ poor behaviour. Let’s address them.
- Students are uninterested: It has often been observed that boredom is a significant reason behind misbehaving students. They might lack interest in studies or a specific subject causing a disturbance in the classroom. Due to boredom, students can feel forced to study when they can enjoy themselves at home.
- Attention seeking: Some students seek unhealthy attention from their peers and teachers by misbehaving in class. They will insult, swear, or be disobedient towards them. All these activities immediately draw attention to misbehaving students. Hence, their poor behaviour increases in school.
- Improper class environment: A classroom reflecting negative energy leads to defiant students. Students should feel that the classroom environment is positive and engaging, which can boost their motivation for studying.
- Teachers cannot form an emotional connection: To ensure the student is always engaging and maintaining positive behaviour in class, teachers should understand their student’s emotions and needs. It can help them plan and implement strategies to educate them best. However, some teachers fail to meet these particular needs. It can trigger misbehaviour from the students.
Preventive Measures for Misbehaviour in Students
Some preventative methods teachers can introduce in a class for controlling misbehaviour in students include the following:
- Positive environment: After kindergarten or class 1 admission, schools must ensure that the class’s environment is positive. Every class must include motivating art pieces and elements to draw students’ attention to positivity. Furthermore, schools must ensure that the classroom interiors exude peaceful and positive vibes. They must also ensure students have positive relations with the teachers to avoid hostility and biases.
- Implement engagement factors with curriculum: Students should not feel that studies are boring. Therefore, teachers must introduce engaging elements in the subjects. They can try group studies to instil values like collaboration and positive student interaction. Educators can also conduct playful activities that cover subject topics. It will convey to the students that studies can be exciting. They will feel more enthusiastic about learning.
- Communicate with students: Teachers must interact with the students often and listen to their queries. They must ensure the students can trust them with their issues or voice their concerns freely. Doing this will also help students avoid negative behaviour.
In the majority of cases, miscommunication triggers students’ misbehaviour. So educators in schools in Ahmedabad must find out what these students desire emotionally. They can follow the aforementioned preventive measures to bring peace to the class. These measures can help control misbehaviour in students.